Medical transcription as a career can be very tempting. Its been publicized as a high paying job and often a verbal confirmation of absorption on SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE COURSE is given by the counsellors. Please note the word SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. I have recently completed a course without being successful, wasting Rs. 20,000 and six precious months. Whereas I can confidently say that I would have been able to complete the course successfully if the training and teaching techniques were appropriate.
The sum total of the entire episode which costed me too dearly, I think is my moral duty to share with all. One should be very careful about joining these trainings and check these things:-
1. how much the institute is giving in written about the absorption etc before taking in the first instalment. Please check the criteria of SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION specially, ask them what is the clear definition of SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION, How much percentage will that mean.
2. if he/she can clearly understand american english spoken in a very slurred manner. By a doctor who is some times absent minded and sometimes almost sleepy aftr toiling all day. He is usually giving the dictations after working all day.
3. if he has the temperament to listen to these files for hours and type them in pretty good speed. Because a good ear, amply good health and good typing speed should be a must, if the counsellor says any thing else he is just aiming for your money.
4. He will have to have amply good command over english too, that is the grammatical side of english, he will have to some times fill in unsaid words, or guess unintelligible words.
5. if he or she will be able to study amply complex medical studies and secure 60-85 per cent marks in them. To get a sample of the text, that is the entire course curriculum any one can hit “medical transcription free course” on google. I looked that way but unfortunately after handing over the first instalment.
6. I was expected to secure 50% in first module, 70% in second module and third module and 85% in fourth module. The modules are not independent, they are added as the course progresses. Apart from that you have to be well versed in drugs in the same field. And in the final you will have to give exam on that too. The voice files will be there to be handled in enough numbers.
7. No matter how much you are insisted to leave the course and join OJT don’t do it, because there are high chances that they will make you leave if you don’t meet their expectation, or if you stay in both cases you wont get the certificate. That will mean you wont be able to change the organisation. You will have to work there as per their will and terms.
8. Don’t bank on guidance which will be sweetly promised to you during couselling the modus operandi will be exactly the opposite. So be careful about your time and money.
If any one has any curiosity about this course in Calcutta he or she may contact me.
This is the beginning of third year of an existence I never imagined I will be living- being financially dependent on someone.
I am absolutely at my patience’s end and am hundred percent sincere about trying any genuine free lance job on writing, that is I write and you pay, I am not keen to hit jackpot, fair payment will be fine enough for me.
I will like to clearly tell the robbers looking for fools to dupe to keep off – this one is too experienced to fall for your traps. I have tried for years to get a genuine, fair paying home-based job; the last time I was duped was in 2008 by a phony medical transcription institute, it gobbled up 30000 rupee and almost an years hard work, left me really sick in guts. Well, I am ready to take chances again but no longer being fooled. So, if any literary agent thinks that my works are worth it, I won’t mind sharing profits with him/ her; the percentage or fees for services will be negotiable. But please, don’t ask me to get a membership first, speak in trustworthy language. Or, any genuine publisher, publishing agency can gladly contact me, I will consider paying the fees if I think the offer isgenuine and reasonable.
You can check out my blogs to assess my writing and contact me.
My blogs are:
Along with my blog addresses I will love to add my writings which the MSN Reader’s archive has accepted and made me feel absolutely divine. They made me a writer, talented or not and gave me the best way of utilizing my spare time.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I DONT HAVE ANY ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER. SO YOU WILL EITHER HAVE TO CONTACT ME THROUGH MY BLOGS OR WRITE ME EMAIL - MY EMAIL ID IS email@example.com