MESSAGEBOARD


This is the beginning of third year of an existence I never imagined I will be living- being financially dependent on someone.

I am absolutely at my patience’s end and am hundred percent sincere about trying any genuine free lance job on writing, that is I write and you pay, I am not keen to hit jackpot, fair payment will be fine enough for me.

I will like to clearly tell the robbers looking for fools to dupe to keep off – this one is too experienced to fall for your traps. I have tried for years to get a genuine, fair paying home-based job; the last time I was duped was in 2008 by a phony medical transcription institute, it gobbled up 30000 rupee and almost an years hard work, left me really sick in guts. Well, I am ready to take chances again but no longer being fooled. So, if any literary agent thinks that my works are worth it, I won’t mind sharing profits with him/ her; the percentage or fees for services will be negotiable. But please, don’t ask me to get a membership first, speak in trustworthy language. Or, any genuine publisher, publishing agency can gladly contact me, I will consider paying the fees if I think the offer isgenuine and reasonable.

You can check out my blogs to assess my writing and contact me.

My blogs are:
http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com/
http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/
http://earthinbw.wordpress.com/
http://etherealheights.wordpress.com/
http://magicthought.wordpress.com/
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com/


Along with my blog addresses I will love to add my writings which the MSN Reader’s archive has accepted and made me feel absolutely divine. They made me a writer, talented or not and gave me the best way of utilizing my spare time.

http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/Userprofile.aspx?UserID=Y2Y2ZDZhNWUtNzBjYy00YjMzLWIwODMtZGExNGVkZjY5NGI5

http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/Archive.aspx?Type=Author&Choice=Y2Y2ZDZhNWUtNzBjYy00YjMzLWIwODMtZGExNGVkZjY5NGI5

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I DONT HAVE ANY ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER. SO YOU WILL EITHER HAVE TO CONTACT ME THROUGH MY BLOGS OR WRITE ME EMAIL - MY EMAIL ID IS sharmishthabasu@live.in


Friday, March 27, 2009

Celebration of womanhood

After passing almost forty years in India as a woman, I really have started to believe that women are not much welcome in this country. If they go by the rulebooks of the society she has to face one set of problems and if that woman has her own existence, personality and lifestyle she has to face another set of problems.

I belong to the latter category, so I can share my view, ever since my childhood I was head strong about independence, I believed in living life according to my own terms and conditions, of course, I lived a life which according to my eyes was honest, well mannered, pure and justified. But not to others I guess, so they kept on pointing me out that I am wrong and the society is right, till the date I turned a deaf ear to them, and after seeing the condition of the obedient disciples I am happy about my decisions, my observations say only one thing, just the colour and shape of the chain changes, the society just wants to wear women chain they select them to wear. It will be finalized by a bunch of people how you will walk, how you will talk, what will you eat, drink, who will you mix with, a bunch of people who don’t care about your pain and happiness, your existence and non existence. No matter whether you have been obedient or disobedient, they wont be around you when you need them, but they will always be around to point out your mistakes or brand your normal behaviour as mistake. So I think I was smart being disobedient. Because by being disobedient I am atleast enjoying my independence and the joys related to it.

When I first learnt to ride a bicycle, all eyebrows shot up, I had wanderlust, I just loved to ride my bicycle every morning for miles, now, that’s not appropriate for young ladies of small town, hence I used to hear cat calls, then there was another provocation from my end, I used to wear jeans, and learnt karate, so, I had a bunch of admirers who were pretty confused about my gender and used to call me a man dressing up as a woman because I dared to trespass in their so called territorry. The third and final provocation was the decision of staying single, this is the decision which I have earned most dearly, the type of remarks I have heard or harassments I have been through have made me even more happier that I have chosen to stay independent, and have not let people drag me into a relationship with some one who doesnot respects a woman as a human being.

After reaching the point, when no remark can make much impact on me, I feel amused, amused about the obsession of human beings in controlling other people’s live. Why do people do that I will never understand, because I always believed in independence. But one thing is for sure, I do respect middle class women who have the courage of standing their ground and facing the wrath of the society. By joining odd professions, by living their own honest but independent lifestyle. The confidence on their face makes me happy, they are achieving for some thing which we initiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment